How I Met Your Mother, September 2005 - March 2014
himym + rainLot of fights, lot of scars, lot of bottles Lot of cars, lot of ups, lot of downs
01. drunk - ed sheeran 02. shallows - daughter 03. sad - maroon 5 04. the last time (feat. gary lightbody) - taylor swift 05. civilian - wye oak 06. now i’m all messed up - tegan and sara 07. youth - daughter 08. tether - chvrches 09. all alright - fun. 10. no one’s gonna love you - band of horses
"You know, this may sound crazy, but I’m gonna miss that Slap Bet."
"No, you won’t."
"No, you’re right. I won’t."
I rarely eat peanut butter but for some reason I have not been able to get the combination of chocolate and peanut butter off my mind. Perhaps its all these holidays that come bearing excuses to indulge in a morsel of sweetness. So indulge I did.
I was taken aback by the long list of ingredients that most recipes for homemade peanut butter cups have. Most of them include ridiculous amounts of powdered sugar and somewhat unnecessary oils. Although these ingredients DO make the peanut butter cups somewhat easier to assemble, I did not find them essential for the taste.
So I ventured to make chocolate peanut butter cups that are exactly what their name says they are. Peanut butter and chocolate. The final result was exactly what one would desire: creamy and salty-sweet deliciousness.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
makes 15-20 bite size peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- roughly 1/4 a cup of creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter, for this recipe I buy nut butter that is already slightly sweetened
- sea salt
- parchment candy cups or you could use a mini muffin pan
- Working with a double boiler, melt your chocolate until smooth.
- Lay out your candy cup liners and using a spoon put a layer of chocolate in the bottom of each candy cup.
- Next, working with your hands, form a ball of peanut butter about the size of a small grape and place one in the middle of each candy cup. (Once you put the top layer of warm chocolate on it will help smooth and flatten out the ball the peanut butter. )
- Finally, spoon a layer of chocolate on top of the peanut butter doing your best to cover all the peanut butter with a layer of chocolate.
- Optionally, sprinkle with a whisper of sea salt.
- Allow peanut butter cups to set in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before serving. Keep chilled.